North Midlands Under 16 Proposed Programme 2017 / 2018
Within the RFU Calendar
- A) Assessment Day Sunday October 22nd 2017 at Worcester RFC Main arena.
Each squad plays 3 games of 20 minutes in duration. Each game is one way, no half time. Each squad has a maximum of 18 players. Games will be 15-a-side. Squad to be selected after the assessment day. Games to be video’ed for future reference by NM Under 16 coaches.
Each RDG squad to be asked to provide one person (could be a coach) who will watch the opposition in their games. That person will mark each player against an set criteria. RE will make contact with the NM Under 18 Lead Coach to share the Under 18 grading system. It is likely that for the Under 16 purposes the grading system will be watered down or simplified. NM Under 16 coaches will also mark players against the same criteria whilst the games are ongoing.
- B) First Development Day Sunday 29th October 2017 at Bromsgrove School.
- C) First Game v Hertfordshire at home. Sunday 7th January 2018. Possible location Birmingham Exiles. Squad to meet in the morning. Venue to provide lunch before game. Afternoon kick off. Match standard lights will be required. Game confirmed by Herts.
- D) Second Development Day Sunday 21st January 2018 at University of Birmingham. Morning only session 10.00am to 12.30.
- E) Second Game v Warwickshire away. Sunday 4th February 2018
- F) Third Game v Oxfordshire at home. Sunday 18th February 2018. Possible location Kings Norton RFC. Squad to meet in the morning at Five Ways Old Edwardians (possibly). Venue to provide lunch before game. Afternoon kick off. A squad game v East Midlands?
- G) Coaches
The existing NM Under 16 coaching squad which consists of Norman Stalker (Lead Coach), Sean Bakewell and Andy Moseley will be responsible for the B squad. Their numbers will be supplemented by Ben Weaver who is a DPP coach and who will work with the backs.
The A squad will be led by Dan Lyne of the Academy. He will be joined by three assistant coaches who are yet to be appointed.
The team manager is Rae Evans who will be assisted by Mike McGrath. The Chair of Selectors is Steve Rintoul.