Bridgnorth RFC are investing in their Mini and Junior section to improve the standard of rugby, increase playing membership and ensure a smooth transition from junior to senior teams.
During this season,Bridgnorth have employed an experienced Head Coach (Juniors) to mentor the junior coaches, whilst improving coaching techniques across the volunteer coaches in the M&J section, whilst also delivering key skills sessions to our junior teams.
Bridgnorth are now looking to add to this structure by investing in a Lead Coach for the Colts team to develop their rugby knowledge and technical skill set, whilst helping them transition into the senior teams. This role will report in to the Club Coaching Co-ordinator.
This is a paid position that will be based on a value per session, dependant on experience and qualifications of candidates. The successful applicant will also have the benefit of being mentored by the Head Coach (Juniors).
- Responsible for the development of the Colts team, focusing on technical skill set, fitness, match play, game knowledge and game management
- Work closely with the team managers of the Colts to ensure full understand of training requirements for the individuals and the team
- Create and design a development plan for all squad members
- Lead all training for the team for one night during the week. Lead all coaching and training of the team on Sundays for games or practice
- Ensure that all squad members are coached to compete well in the U18 league
- Responsible for developing a culture of strong competition within the squad and enjoyment
- Ensure that there is a transition plan in place to filter any players of age in to the seniors to gain experience, where appropriate
- Work and train closely with BRFC 1st XV and seniors when appropriate
- Work closely with the Junior Head Coach Lead to understand and deliver on BRFC coaching styles and values
- Liaise with all relevant stakeholders and coaches to deliver the above points
- The successful candidate has the opportunity to be mentored by our Head Junior Coach, which is a great opportunity to further develop rugby coaching skills, knowledge and experience
Experiences/ Qualifications required
- 12 months coaching experience of a similar age group or in senior rugby
- RFU Level 2 and relevant up to date CPD qualifications preferred
- Played rugby with excellent knowledge of the game
- Ability and presence to lead coaching sessions and coaching in game of a talented and developing squad of players
- Excellent communication skills and ability to inspire a squad to progress
Measurements of Success
- Evidence of individual and team development
- Retention of players in squad and into progression into senior teams
- Attract new players to join squad
- Develop a team culture of strong competition and enjoyment
- Collaboration with Team Managers
- Evidence of partnering with 1st Team coaches and players
How to Apply
- Please send applications and rugby CVs to Phil Jefferies, Mini and Junior Chairman, Jefferies@live.co.uk
- Closing Date is April 30.