Former North Midlands Youth pair pair Joseph Morris and Ted Hill have been included in the England Under-19s starting XV for the friendly against France in Massy on April 1 (6:30pm).
Tighthead Morris, a former pupil at Kent Nat Edward VI School, Aston, played for North Midlands Under-18s and lock Hill (Worcester Sixth Form College) for the county Under-16s.
The England Under-19 squad is a combination of players currently in the pathway and players who have caught the eye of the England age-grade coaches with their performances for their respective clubs this season.
Led by England player pathway coach Peter Walton and Newcastle Falcons’ Mark Laycock, the players gathered for a training session at Hazelwood, London Irish’s training base, ahead of the match.
“it is hugely important that we continue to look at a wide pool of players and this match offers us the opportunity to challenge them in a new environment,” Walton said.
“Facing France away from home will be a good experience for these players and we know we can expect a physical test, so I’m excited to see how they perform.”
England U19 team to face France U19:
15. Ben Loader (London Irish)**
14. Gabriel Ibitoye (Harlequins)*
13. Matt Williams (London Irish)
12. Jacob Umaga (Wasps)*
11. Levi Davis (Hartpury)
10. James Grayson (Northampton Saints)
9. Rory Brand (London Irish)
1. Alex Seville (Gloucester Rugby)*
2. Henry Walker (Gloucester Rugby)
3. Joseph Morris (Worcester Warriors)*
4. Ted Hill (Worcester Warriors)*
5. Josh Williams (Newcastle Falcons)
6. Dino Lamb-Cona (Harlequins)
7. Lewis Wilson (Yorkshire Carnegie)
8. Sam Moore (Sale Sharks)**
16. Gabriel Oghre (Bath Rugby)
17. Toby Trinder (Northampton Saints)
18. Ciaran Knight (Gloucester Rugby)*
19. Elliott Ward (Yorkshire Carnegie)
20. Charlie Wright (Exeter Chiefs)**
21. Will Porter (Wasps)**
22. Elliott Obatoyinbo (Saracens)**
23. Nick David (Worcester Warriors)**
* In England U20 EPS
** In latest England U18 squad