Dudley Kingswinford are seeking a new coach for their Development XV for next season.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a group of talented players and help nurture young talent coming through the club’s successful youth section.
The Development XV compete in the Midlands Reserve League Division Two.
Training takes place Tuesdays and Thursdays between 7pm and 9pm with matches on Saturdays.
DK are keen to recruit a coach with drive and ambition who has the necessary skills to develop young players as well as the ability to manage players transitioning from the Colts, moving down from the 1stXV and coming up from the 3rdXV.
The successful applicant will ideally be qualified to RFU Level 2 standard but support to obtain that qualification would be offered to the right candidate.
Responsibilities will include:
• Plan & Deliver high quality sessions on Tuesday and Thursday with the senior playing squad
• Work with Senior Coaching team to highlight development areas in players to help push players through to the 1stXV
• Be be able to lead, assistant and co-coach comfortably within training sessions and adapt weekly to the needs of the players• Be involved in senior team selection meetings
• Attend match days with the Development XV and manage pre-game activity, in game situations and post match review
• To liaise with the Club Transition Officer and provide appropriate playing and training opportunities for young players
There will be a small remuneration package for the right person. There will be the opportunity to work alongside and receive mentoring from an experienced coaching team, have access to some of the best facilities in the area as well as a great opportunity to add to a coaching cv.
Interested persons should send their coaching cv and a short covering letter to:
DKRFC Head of Coaching Adam Blackford (email@example.com or 07875442660)