England Counties are seeking a Head Coach to lead the coaching team and plan the coaching programme to provide a positive and successful playing environment.
The successful candidate will provide high quality coaching to community rugby-based players to enable them to perform at their optimum level whilst enhancing the County Championship and club rugby
• Ensure the RFU’s objectives are achieved for the England Counties XV by leading the preparation of the team’s coaching programme to develop the skills and understanding of the players.
• Lead the coaching and manage the contribution of the coaching staff to ensure the players receive the highest quality coaching, preparation and feedback
• Work in conjunction with the Team Manager to facilitate the selection of players from Constituent Bodies in an objective manner
• Evaluate all coaching sessions and games with the coaching team and players. • Provide constructive feedback to players to enable them to continue with their development beyond England Counties
• Attend the meetings of the National Delivery Team. • Participate in an annual review of performance and commit to personal development
• Ensure that the coaching and playing squad present themselves as ambassadors for the Rugby Football Union and act within accordance of the Core Values of the sport. • Work with the Management team to ensure successful experiences for all members of the squad, including upholding any Code of Conduct, together with promoting rugby in hosting countries.
Knowledge, skills and qualities:
• Hold a minimum of an RFU / UKCC Level 3 Coaching Qualification or its recognised equivalent
• Demonstrates a track record of personal coach development. • Articulates and delivers a clear playing and coaching philosophy that is in accordance with the objectives of the programme
• Self-motivated, committed and enthusiastic about coaching rugby union. • Has significant experience of coaching adults at Club and CB level
• Is strongly biased towards a Player Centred approach to coaching
• Creates an environment that balances player development with team performance
• Is able to lead & manage people
• Is able to articulate and deliver sound coaching processes relative to the programme
• Has a sound understanding of the RFU aspirational programmes
.Sets high standards of personal accountability, reliability and responsibility for the players and staff
• Is able to work effectively with other members of the Management Team
• The post holder is accountable to the England Counties Team Manager and National Delivery Team for the successful delivery of the responsibilities as outlined above.
The term for the position is two years subject to annual review, with a further two years by mutual consent.
Applications, with a coveringtter and rugby CV, should be sent to: PeterTaylor@rfu.com.
The closing date for applications is August 22. Interviews will take place on August 28.
For further information and/or an informal discussion please contact: Dan Cook, England Counties Team Manager, email@example.com 07770 582182