The name of Erdington has reappeared on the Birmingham rugby map after an absence of almost 15 years.
The original Erdington club, which was formed in 1924, disbanded in 2003 as the side grew old together.
But a group of members decided to re-form Erdington with the aim of bringing rugby back to north-east Birmingham.
They successfully applied to be re-admitted as members of the North Midlands RFU earlier this year and have attracted sufficient players for Erdington to put out a senior XV.
A full programme of matches against teams from other North Midlands and Staffordshire clubs has been arranged with a home win over Birmingham Barbarians last Saturday following narrow defeats by Warley and Aldridge’s second XVs and Bournville’s third team.
Erdington are also planning for the future by running junior teams at Under-6, Under-8 and Under-11 levels plus a girls Under-8s team.
The club is based at the Holly Lane Sports and Social Club where Erdington share facilities with an American Football club and a Gaelic Football club.
Stalwarts who have helped to revive rugby at Erdington include chairman Lawrence Cahn, secretary Derek Owen and treasurer Graham Rhodes.