- This event has passed.
15th September Rugby Carousel
September 12, 2014 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Please find information for a club development day on Monday 15th Sept at Five Ways Old Edwardian. The evening is informal in nature and open to anyone within the club or club committee and is an opportunity for club members to meet with RFU members of the team to ask questions, seek advice or to do any planning.
You will see during the meeting we have:
- Dave and Phil from the training department looking coaching, refereeing and medical – a great opportunity for club coaches, coaching co-ordinators, referees, referee coordinators to find out about the number of workshops / courses that the RFU run or to see how their club might recruit and training more referees.
- Tom – facilities manager – great to meet with if you have planned facility development, are looking for funding to support facility development need or are currently involved in project and need a catch up
- Claire – Women’s development officer – for clubs who have, or want to have women and girls section and want to get practical advice on how to develop this / start up
- Chris – University development officer. Chris will be able to provide great practical advice on linking with local universities, student volunteering opportunities and helping to run events at the club.
- Ian – Player development officer. If a club has a mini section then meeting with Ian to find out about “Kids First rugby” and how it can benefit your club is a must. Ian will also be able to provide practical advice and details RFU developments on retention of colts players into adult rugby – so teams with colts / U17 – Ian is well worth a visit.
- Neil – Game Management System. Our apologies again for the cancelled workshop this Tuesday. We have been able to ensure Neil will be able to provide training to club secretaries, registrars etc on the new Game Management system and answer any questions you have. Neil will be running sessions on the hour every hour.
In addition representatives from North Midlands, the RDOs and Judith from safeguarding will be on hand to answer any questions and to provide any updates. I will be on hand to follow up with clubs their plans from the Birmingham conference (looking at Let’s play adult recruitment events) and specific world cup plans as discussed with your champions or to update those clubs who weren’t able to attend.
The day will run from 2pm until 7 and clubs are welcome to attend at any point throughout the day and to meet with whomever of the team they wish. There will be refreshments throughout the day.
Please do forward this information widely within your club and to your key contacts within the club.
To help gauge numbers for catering throughout the day if you could give an indication of your attendance and numbers that would be appreciated.
Chris Sigswoth (RFU RDO)