On October 3rd, 1pm at Avery Fields, a collective of teams from across the CB will come together to provide girls at U13, U15 and U18 level the opportunity to train together, prior to competing in a series of matches spanning the rugby season 21/22.
For many of these girls, the opportunity to put in to practice the skills they have developed, has been minimal due to the reduced numbers of girls choosing to participate through their teenage years, impacting the volume and quality coming through from grassroots to the senior game.
This development opportunity aims to provide clubs with a pre-agreed and pre-arranged season calendar, with the ultimate goal of bolstering RnR by:
– providing full match playing opportunities for girls, so their training at clubs has an application
– showing girls from small groups that there are others out there getting involved too
– bringing a sense of belonging and team camaraderie to the girls’ game
– increasing the diversity and opportunity for girls at CB level
– creating a collaboration of coaches with the singular goal of developing girls rugby in mind