North Midlands Junior Cup Competitions
2019 / 2020 Season
15TH NOVEMBER 2019 – UPDATE
- If the ground condition at the “HOME” club prevents a game from being played then the “AWAY” club MUST be given the opportunity to host the game on the specified day. If you are in doubt about the conditions of your own pitch, please make an early call, you must not leave it until last minute to inform the away side, they must be given an early opportunity to get the game played at their venue. Failure to adhere to this may result in an Away Walkover.
- If the ground condition of both clubs is unsuitable a neutral ground may be used. There are many clubs in the North Midlands who will have playable pitches this weekend – if you are in the local vicinity of one feel free to contact them, and if you are one of those with a playable pitch free this Sunday please be accommodating to our fellow rugby clubs who maybe struggling in the conditions.
- If no ground can be found that is suitable the game MUST be played on the following Sunday. If no venue can be found the game must be played next Sunday 24th November, with the only exception being if a team is missing players due to representative/academy commitments. This must override whatever else you have scheduled for next week as we need to get these first round games completed ASAP.
The Preliminary Round and First Round Draw for the 2019-20 North Midlands Youth Cups has been done, with record numbers of entries from clubs across the CB. Please could I ask that you take the time to read some key points included here first, it will help with the smooth running of the competitions again this coming season.
3 important documents:
Please click on the links below to take you to your individual pages:
Key Points: PLEASE ENSURE YOU READ ALL OF THIS:
- All games are to be played by the play-by date of each respective round, issued in the publication of the initial draw.
- Games can be played at any date prior to the play-by date, if mutually agreed by both teams. If teams cannot agree on a different date then the default position is the play-by date.
- Clubs are advised to play games at their earliest convenience and not all wait until play-by dates, this helps with referee allocation (there are only a finite number of referees available on a Sunday), but also allows for re-arrangements in the case of bad weather.
- The only reason a game should not be played by the play-by date is due to bad weather causing pitches to be unplayable. If the ‘Away Team’s’ venue is also unplayable on that date, then the game will be pushed back to the next Sunday and must be played then, regardless of other fixtures already organised the Cup games take priority.
- Once a date has been set for a fixture, it is the responsibility of the home team to IMMEDIATELY email confirmation of the date of their fixture to the North Midlands Referee Society (Paul Scott – email@example.com) to request a referee and also send the date to the Cup Secretary.
- If there is any doubt about the conditions of a pitch ahead of a game, the home team must inform the Away Team at least 24 hours before kick off to let them know there maybe an issue. This allows the Away side to determine if there is a suitable pitch at their club the following day. A call must be then made early enough either the day before, or on the morning of the fixture, for the fixture to be reversed and the referee informed of the new venue. Failure to comply with this could result in the Home side forfeiting the round.
- **An important point for any U15 and U16 representatives reading this** – your First Round games are to be played at the latest, the week after the Preliminary Round, therefore you will need to inform Paul Scott of the possibility you may/will need a referee before the actual known opponent is decided or before whether you know yourself as to if you will be in the next Round. This will allow Paul to plan for referee appointments.
- Team sheets are to be completed by each coach or manager before each game. For home teams this will include the name of the referee. It is the RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNING TEAM’S COACH TO ADVISE THE CUP SECRETARY OF THE RESULT within 24 hours of the end of the game. Late returns can result in disqualification from the competition. AT THE VERY LEAST PLEASE ENSURE THAT THE CUP SEC HAS THE RESULT BY E-MAIL WITHIN 24 HOURS, followed by the result form & team sheets for both teams preferably by e-mail.
- All clubs must be prepared to validate their squads by providing evidence of each player’s age and identity. Playing of an un-registered player could result in disqualification.
- The results will be published after each round, and should also appear on the North Midlands RFU website – http://www.northmidsrfu.co.uk.
- All losers of Cup Preliminary and 1st Round fixtures will be entered into the Plate competition of their respective age group.
- If you have any questions related to the competition or to the attached forms, please feel free to contact me Alex Smith, on the following number – 07814 638084 (mobile), or by e-mail at the following firstname.lastname@example.org
Full details of match dates, cup rules/regulations and the draw will be published in September, but please see attached the link for the application form for U14’s/U15’s and U16’s for this season’s North Midlands Junior Cup Competition – Youth-Cup-Competitions-20192020
These need to be returned no later than 12 noon on Monday 23rd September 2019.
North Midlands Youth Cups Secretary
FINALS UPDATES AND SCHEDULE 2019
2018 / 2019 SEASON
The Draw for the 2018/19 North Midlands Youth Cups at U14’s, U15’s and U16’s age groups took place Monday 24th September at the NM Youth Forum at Stourbridge RFC.
This season we have preliminary rounds for all three age groups, due to increased entry numbers, which means we are going to require clubs to be efficient in organising cup fixtures to be played by the set dates as well as ensuring you speak to the North Midlands Referees Society in advance about appointing referees for these fixtures.
Two important documents please for you to read along with the MATCH CARD
Cup Rules for the 2018-19 season – Youth CUP RULES 2018-19
Cup Notes to assist teams – Youth CUP NOTES 2018-19
Match card. NM Match Card
Match result sheets will be sent out closer to the first ties being played.
Here is also a breakdown of all the cup dates: North Midlands Youth Cup Dates 2018-19
Please can I request that you note a few important points for this coming season in relation to the organisation of Cup and Plate fixtures:-
* The North Midlands Referees Society, like all other societies nationally, has a shortage of referees, and as such the home side must request a referee in plenty of time (absolute deadline being the Monday before a NM Cup/Plate fixture), to allow Paul Scott a chance to find suitable numbers to cover all of the required fixtures. In order to also alleviate the pressure on the Society, we would ask that you consider staggering games if you happen to have two sides at home, allowing one referee to cover both games, and this also relates to if your club runs a colts side, whereby a referee could cover say a cup game in the morning and go straight on to your colts game afterwards.
* This season once the home side has confirmed the date at which a fixture is to be played with their opponents, please email confirmation of this date to this email address email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>. This allows the organisers to stay on top of the progress of each competition, but also ensures a back stop to ensure the appointment of a referee for each game.
* A reminder that the dates issued in the attachment are ‘play by’ dates. We would encourage clubs (particularly in the Preliminary and Cup 1st Rounds) to play games to suit them at their earliest convenience and not wait until the deadline, as this will maximise your chances of getting good quality referees. If all clubs wait until the deadline to play their fixtures this will obviously place huge demands on this small pool of referees.
* Finally regardless of what specific dispensation a player may have during the course of a season to play down an age group, it is a rule for the NM Youth Competitions that absolutely no player will be allowed to play down an age grade within these Cup and Plate fixtures.
To close, my name is Alex Smith and I have have taken over from Mike Fellows in the role of NM Youth Cup Secretary, for the upcoming season. My contact details are below should you need to get hold of me and I look forward to working alongside you all this year to produce an excellent competition for our youngsters across the CB.
Look forward to hearing from you on your Preliminary and 1st Round fixture date confirmations.
North Midlands Youth Cups Secretary
Please click on the links below to see further information:
Please see the attached link for 2018 / 2019 Cup and Plate Competition details and entry form for U14’s / U15’s and U16’s: Youth Cup Competitions 2018:2019
ALL NORTH MIDLANDS CLUBS ARE INVITED TO TENDER TO HOST THE NORTH MIDLANDS CUP FINALS (U14’S TO U16’S) ON SUNDAY 29TH APRIL 2018. PLEASE SEE ATTACHED LINK FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Junior-Cup-Finals-29th-April-20181
FOR ANY FURTHER QUERIES SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO JOHN GRIFFITHS – email@example.com OR MOBILE 07736 244638.