Old Halesonians are seeking a new Head Coach for the 2019/2020 season to work alongside their Director of Rugby, committee and senior teams to support and achieve the club’s long term plan and vision.
The position would be part-time involving evening and weekend work with a contract beginning on June 1 and running for 10 months.
Old Halesonians are looking for someone with strong leadership and excellent communications skills as well as experience of coaching / playing rugby at a suitable senior level.
- Roles & Responsibilities – Senior Teams
- Lead the coaching teams responsible for senior squad
- Develop the skills of the players and develop high performing teams by running challenging, active and effective coaching sessions
- Plan the coaching programme for the season
- Evaluate all coaching sessions and games with coaching team and players
- Attend all coaching sessions and matches with senior squad
- Attend OHRFC Committee meetings if required
- Attract and recruit new players to OHRFC
- Match Preparation week to week
Roles & Responsibilities – Coach Development
- Support the recruitment of an assistant coach, second team coach and colts coach
- Develop key coaching skills amongst coaches at all levels
- Conduct regular review of the coaching ability at all levels in the club and support on-going coach development
- Mentor and advise coaches and players within the club to support on-going development
Skills & Qualifications – Level 2 minimum, Level 3 Preferable or working towards
Leadership and Vision – The Head Coach will and must be a role model with strong leadership behaviours, contributing to club plans, and lead the senior teams and coaches to deliver these plans.
Drive and Determination – when the going gets tough, the Head Coach will remain focused on supporting the senior teams and coaches to deliver great results on the pitch.
Commitment and Enthusiasm – although the role is part time there is a significant time commitment including evening and weekend work.
Teamwork – developing an ethos of high performance in every training session and every game the Head Coach will develop and build players to contribute to a successful team. The team ethos will include all players, coaches, supporters, youth and the committee and the Head Coach will be a strong advocate of the OHRFC team.
Delegation – the Head Coach will delegate effectively to the assistant coach(es) to benefit from their expertise and develop their skills, knowledge and ability.
Planning – the Head Coach is directly responsible for planning the coaching sessions for the season and support the development of coaches at all levels.
Salary neg. DOE
Please send a CV and a cover letter detailing why you believe you have the skills, knowledge, drive and experience to be our Head Coach to: Dan Grant, Director of Rugby, Old Halesonians RFC, Wassell Grove Lane, Stourbridge DY9 9JP or at: Dan_Grant@outlook.com