Old Halesonians are seeking a new Senior Coach for the 2019/2020 season to complement their current coaching team.
The Senior Coach will work alongside their Director of Rugby, Head Coach, committee and senior teams to support to achieve the club’s long term plan and vision.
The position would be part-time involving evening and weekend work with a contract beginning on June 1 and running for 10 months.
Old Halesonians are looking for someone who is keen to develop themselves as a senior level coach, and work within a professionally run programme with key aspects such as performance analysis, S&C, individual player development planning and a multi-disciplined team process to provide a programme that breeds professionalism from top to bottom.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Be an integral part of coaching teams responsible for senior squad
- Attend Weekly MDT meetings as part of senior coaching representative team
- Assist in Planning the coaching programme for the season
- Review and evaluate coaching sessions and games as part of the coaching team
- Attend all coaching sessions and matches with senior squad
- Match Preparation week to week
- Ownership and developmental of a key coaching area; attack/defence/set piece/ forwards/backs
- Assist in weekly analysis of matches, presenting to team and small unit groups as well as individuals
- Work with players to reach key performance indicators of their individual development plans
- Attend coaching CPD events run by club to develop own coaching skill set skills and qualifications
- Level 2 minimum, or a high level of rugby knowledge through previous playing experience.
- Player/coaches may be considered for correct candidate.
Leadership and Vision
- The Senior Coach will and must be a role model with strong leadership behaviours, contributing to club plans, and lead the senior teams and coaches to deliver these plans.
Commitment and Enthusiasm
- Although the role is part-time there is a significant time commitment including evening and weekend work.
- Developing an ethos of high performance in every training session and every game the Senior Coach will assist in developing players to contribute to a successful team environment.
- The team ethos will include all players, coaches, supporters, youth and the committee and the Senior Coach will be a strong advocate of the OHRFC.
Please send a CV and a cover letter to: Dan Grant, Director of Rugby, Old Halesonians RFC, Wassell Grove Lane, Stourbridge DY9 9JP or at: Dan_Grant@outlook.com
The closing date is June 21.