Ross-on-Wye are seeking a new Senior Coach to develop the club.
Ross are one of the oldest rugby clubs in the world, having been founded in 1873 just two years after the RFU had its first meeting to agree on a standardised set of rules.
Ross are an ambitious community club striving to push through the leagues and will compete in Gloucester Premier next season having win successive promotions.
The club currently runs two senior teams and an extensive youth section with teams from Under-6 to Under-15. There is also a women’s team who play in the Midlands Touch League and a touch rugby squad.
Ross are also a partner club of Worcester Warriors who offer many coaching courses and support.
The successful candidate should be:
- An ambitious coach who is eager to develop with us.
- Previous experience is preferred but not essential.
- Our main requirement is that the successful coach will be available Saturdays (1-5pm) to coach our first team.
- Planning and delivering training sessions on Tuesdays and Thursdays (6.45 – 8.30pm) throughout the pre and playing season.
- Be actively part of the team selection.
- Ideally, but not essential, the coach will have some involvement with other sections of the club e.g. junior section.
What Ross can offer:
- Funding for coaching qualifications and courses.
- The opportunity to be in charge of a rugby club.
- A traditional club atmosphere.
- Support and help from other coaching staff and club committee.
- The chance to develop through training sessions with regular turnouts of 20+ players.
- Further benefits if the relationship proves successful.
What are the next steps?
- Please take a look at Ross’ club website for more details: //www.rossrugby.co.uk/
- If you are interested or want further information, please contact the Chairman Ian Phillipsat: firstname.lastname@example.org or on tel: 07805132783
- After an initial phone/email contact including CV, a meeting may be required.