UNDER 10s RULES OF PLAY (Transitional Contact)
Players and match o cials must ensure that the following Rules of Play and RFU Regulation 15 www.englandrugby.com/governance/regulations are observed when playing rugby at Under 10.
These Under 10s Rules of Play set out below are mandatory for clubs and schools, and replace the previous Under 10s Rules of Play in their entirety.
Any terms defined in these Rules shall have the meanings set out in the World Rugby Laws of the Game.
The key elements of the Under 10s Rules of Play are:
- Team numbers: a maximum of 8-a-side
- Maximum pitch size: 60 metres x 35 metres
- Ball Size: 4 1
- Maximum minutes each half: 15
- Introduction of uncontested scrum
- Nearest 3 players in a scrum (all players trained, late specialisation)
- Contest for the ball (1 player v 1 player)
- Introduction of Maul
- Introduction of Ruck