UNDER 12s RULES OF PLAY (Transitional Contact) – BOYS ONLY
Players and match o cials must ensure that the following Rules of Play and RFU Regulation 15 www.englandrugby.com/governance/regulations are observed when playing rugby at Under 12.
These Under 12s Rules of Play set out below are mandatory for clubs and schools, and replace the previous Under 12s Rules of Play in their entirety
Any terms defined in these Rules shall have the meanings set out in the World Rugby Laws of the Game.
The key elements of the Under 12s Rules of Play are:
- Team numbers: A maximum of 12 a-side
- Maximum pitch size: 60 metres x 43 metres
- Ball Size: 4
- Maximum minutes each half: 20
- Continuation of the contested strike
- Nearest 5 players in a scrum (all players trained, late specialisation)
- No limit on numbers contesting for the ball including in the maul and ruck
- Introduction of the hand off below the armpits.