UNDER 8’s RULES OF PLAY (Tag Rugby)
Players and match officials must ensure that the following Rules of Play and RFU Regulation 15 www.englandrugby.com/governance/regulations are observed when playing at and Under 8.
These Under 8s Rules of Play set out below are mandatory for clubs and schools, and replace the previous Under 8s Rules of Play in their entirety.
Any terms defined in these Rules shall have the meanings set out in the World Rugby Laws of the Game.
The key elements of the Under 8s Rules of Play are:
- Team numbers: a maximum of 6-a-side
- Maximum pitch size: 45 metres x 22 metres
- Ball Size: 3
- Maximum minutes each half: 10
- Scoring: Players permitted to go to ground to score tries
- No tackling
- No kicking, scrums or lineouts