Tours / Festivals / Cross Border details
For all Tours, Festivals and Cross Border (age grade) games, approval must be obtained by Robert Bray, Hon Secretary North Midlands RFU – firstname.lastname@example.org
Tours and Festivals
Please can I remind you all, that consent is required to run a Festival. This can be obtained from the North Midlands Hon Sec – Robert Bray (email: email@example.com) – Please pay particular attention to completing a risk assessment and that the event reflects the appropriate Age Grade Regulations. You need to attach competition rules and insurance cover.
- Application-Form-to-run-a-Mini-or-Youth-Tournament-NMids RB
- Application Form to run a Sevens Festival amended 4.2019
- SENIOR CROSS BORDER BLOCK APPROVAL – Block approval senior sides 2019-20-1
At a Safeguarding Conference, issues arising from alcohol consumption during tours was highlighted as being more significant last season! That was both adults and youngsters. In preparing for a tour, please make sure your coaches have copies of the RFU Tour Guidance. A detailed risk assessment should be completed. If things do go wrong, as well as checking DBS status, the risk assessment is one of the first documents the RFU Safeguarding Team will ask for.
Foreign tours need consent from CB Hon Sec as above. Similarly consent is required for cross border fixtures. These consents need to be applied for in good time. Last minute submission is not acceptable because it does not allow time for amendments which then can lead to rejection.
- Tour Guidance http://www.englandrugby.com/mm/Document/General/General/01/31/70/61/SafeguardingUpdates_RFU_Version3_colour_English.pdf
- Tour application form – http://www.englandrugby.com/governance/game-support/rugby-tours/resources-and-forms)
- Insurance for Tours: www.englandrugbyinsurance.co.uk/tours
- Insurance for Playing: www.englandrugbyinsurance.co.uk