Worcester Warriors are seeking a full-time Community Rugby coach to work in the Birmingham area.
The role will provide coaching and support to meet the strategic needs of The Worcester Warriors in and around the Birmingham area and create ongoing sustainability in all areas of work with links into local rugby clubs and The Warriors Academy.
The scope of the role will be to focus upon the coaching of all ages and to identify club needs in relation to the needs of the Worcester Warriors. This will include:
- Coaching male and female participants to play all forms of the game
- To educate teachers and other community deliverers to continue to develop the work started in these age groups
Delivery will be in clubs, schools, colleges, universities and other community settings, with clubs at the centre of all programmes. Therefore, there is an expectation of weekend working throughout the season.
Specific Work Programmes will be set by the Birmingham Rugby Coordinator.
It is envisaged that the post holder will further develop their role as their own skills develop. They are expected to embark on a Continuous Professional Development programme of RFU and Sports Coach UK courses in technical Rugby Knowledge, Coaching Skills and Coach Developer & Tutoring Skills.
Relationships: RFU, SGO’s, Club Personnel, Schools, Colleges & University students / staff,
- To deliver high quality coaching sessions to people of all ages to fit in with the needs of the Birmingham clubs and Worcester Warriors.
- To visit and actively support local clubs (in particular the Club Coaching Coordinator) to help improve standards of coaching and delivery, in order to aid their player retention, development and club sustainability.
- To assist in the organisation and delivery of regular and appropriate rugby union competitive opportunities.
- To prepare an annual work plan in conjunction with your line manager and report activity on a weekly basis
- To establish, maintain, report and evaluate a comprehensive schedule of coaching and training.
- To take a professional approach to the planning, preparation and organisation of coaching and training sessions.
- To ensure the safety and welfare of all participants in coaching and training sessions.
- To promote and support the work of the Worcester Warriors in particular match day and camps sales.
- To facilitate club /school links
- To talent ID and recommend players of ability and potential to the Warriors Academy department
- To ensure we have links with coaches/teachers that actively promote the Warriors Academy
- To undertake any other necessary and relevant duties under the direction of the Birmingham Rugby Coordinator
- Assist in the planning, organizing and delivery of camps, trials, festivals and tournaments.
The job holder is accountable for:
- The delivery of high quality, safe and enjoyable coaching and training sessions.
- Complying with both Worcester Warriors and RFU policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Maintaining high professional standards and the promotion of these standards in the community.
- Monitoring of equipment and resources held and distributed through the Community/Academy Rugby Coaching team.
- Reporting activity and output on a weekly basis.
- Creating and maintaining a strong working relationship with the schools, clubs and partners within your area.
For any further information please contact Jon Perks – Jon.Perks@warriors.co.uk
The deadline for the application is the 18/02/16 with interviews being held in the week of 22/02/16.