The Worcestershire Rugby Development Group is looking for a lead coach for their Under-13 county squad.
This is a voluntary post and effective from May 1. The role will suit an aspiring and enthusiastic Level 2 coach who wants to challenge themselves, broaden their experience and who has the confidence to lead a small team of assistant coaches.
This is a rare opportunity to make a real difference by developing around 25 talented players on the first rung of their representative rugby careers.
The role descriptors are;
- Overall responsibility for the initial and continuing development of U 13 county players, achieved by enjoyable, inclusive and focussed training sessions involving small sided games and core skill practices.
- Integral involvement with the pre-season trials (May ) for U 13, 14 and 15’s. Co-ordinate initial on line communication to nominees with the trials lead organiser, organise the U 13 teams and carousels on the day, discuss and collect all assessment scores and decide the make-up of the squad.
- Initial, and thereafter regular communication with successful squad players.
- Set the dates and location of sessions ( circa 9/10 throughout the season).
- Organise 2/4 games and home venues against other North Midlands District Unions.
- Ensure effective coaching delivery to the squad, coupled with one to one advice.
- Communicate with players and parents as necessary to achieve the overall aim.
- Attend the WRDG meetings as requested.
- Carry through the necessary administrative duties associated with the above
- Decide the session plans and coordinate delivery with the assistant coaches whose responsibilities are;
- Working co-operatively as a small player- centred coaching team
- Attending and assisting the Lead coach with the 9/10 sessions
- Planning and running part of the sessions as requested by the LC
- Support at match evenings
- Individual player coaching and mentoring
- Assisting with administration where needed
- Involvement with, and contribution to, the trials in May 2015
- Developing themselves as an effective coach
The WRDG would like to hear from current club or school coaches who have the desire and commitment to genuinely help these players on the pathway to achieving their potential.
Please send your CV to Chris Hargreaves, the current Worcestershire U 13 coach at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any queries please use this e mail and include a telephone contact number.
Closing date is Saturday February 28.